Admission and scholarship opportunities are open at the Al Qasimia University (AQU), Sharjah, United Arab Emirates for the 2020/2021 intake. Al Qasimia University offers admissions and scholarships for students admitted to the university from outside the United Arab Emirates, UAE.
The University was Established in 2013 under the royal decree issued by His Highness, Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Qasimi for the creation of an Islamic, Arab University in the Emirate of Sharjah.
Al Qasimia University is charged with the objective of becoming a center of excellence in higher education that attracts outstanding students and researchers from all over the world. It aims at promoting research, arts, humanities, values of dialogue between religions and cultures, and guided by the principles, foundations and teachings of Islam as a tolerant religion open to the whole world.
Available Colleges and Disciplines for Admission
Al Qasimia University currently has the following Colleges and Disciplines for admission
- Sharia & Islamic Studies for the award of Bachelor of Sharia & Islamic Studies
- Arts & Humanities for the award of Bachelor of Arab language & literature
- Communication for the award of Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
- Economics for the award of Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Al Qasimia University colleges has a duration of four years for its academic activities, in addition to the time required for completion of program of Arabic for non-Arab speakers. A student is however, required to achieve (129-135) credit hours to acquire a bachelor in one of the above majors.
Al Qasimia University Scholarship Program Coverage
The Al Qasimia University scholarship program is open to only students admitted to the university from outside the UAE. The scholarship also covers the following:
- The scholarship award received by student is determined by the University regulations and decisions.
- The enrolled students gets the monthly reward paid during summer semester.
- Due to the nature of study and the students at the university, the study is obligatory all through the summer semester.
- The scholarship student with semester average and cumulative points not less than 2.00 gets one ticket (round trip) after completing half of the total hours of his specialization.
- The university provides residence and the issuance of ID cards of students.
- The university provides adequate accommodation.
- The university provides health insurance for all students.
- The university only provides on-campus transportation.
- Arrival visa will be cancelled if the student does not attend on time.
- The student gets a return ticket to his country after graduation.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship and Graduation Award
Applicants for admission into the university and for scholarship should be prepared to abide by the following terms and conditions of Scholarship and award of degree upon graduation.
- Once admitted into the University, registering in courses every semester is compulsory without withdrawal or discontinuation.
- To keep the scholarship student’s must achieve GPA & TGPA of at least 2.00 (70%) in each term.
- Complete dedication to study.
- Scholarship students are not allowed to work during their study period at the University.
- Only one academic year is allowed to complete the Intensive Arabic Language Program.
- Students must be committed to follow the University rules along with all ethical & behavioral regulations on campus.
- Withdrawal from the University or leaving the country must be with prior permission from the University.
- Violation of these conditions can lead to termination of their scholarship.
Required Documents for Admission
- The original secondary school certificate.
- The original transcripts for the secondary stage grades (tenth – eleventh – twelfth).
- Endorsement of all the required certificates from your country’s the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issuance and the UAE Embassy in that country.
- Legal translation of non-Emirati certificates into Arabic or English language and endorsed by the the above mentioned agencies.
- A copy of the student’s passport valid for not less than one year.
- Translation of the passport into the Arabic language and endorsement of the translated copy from both the Ministry of Education of the student’s own country and the UAE Embassy therein.
- Completion of the application form.
- 12 copies of colored personal photos measuring (3×4) with white background.
- A copy of a valid certificate of a good conduct and behavior with a legal translation for its content into Arabic or English.
- A copy of Certificate o birth or its equivalent, with a legal translation for its content in case the data is not written in Arabic or English.
- Medical Certificate of Health Fitness issued by a government hospital in the student’s own country and is endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
How to Apply
Application for admission and scholarship can be done online at the university official website: https://www.alqasimia.ac.ae/en/
Start by filling the online application. You should receive a reply within three working days or one week (as a maximum). Based on the application status, necessary procedures will be adopted.
Applicants must complete the required credentials including sending an endorsed replica of the final secondary certificate, personal photo, as well as the original certificates for the TOEFL or the IELTES (if any), or any other documents to be required by the Admission & Registration Administration.
For further details visit the university’s official website pages https://www.alqasimia.ac.ae/en/AdmissionRegistration/Pages/HowtoApply.aspx or