In its efforts to promote postgraduate education and the advancement of studies in the financial subsector in Nigeria, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is partnering with Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, University of Ibadan (UI) Ibadan, and University of Nigeria Nsuka (UNN) to provide postgraduate study programs in these universities.
The Central Bank of Nigeria made known to the public in an announcement published on one of Nigeria Newspapers – Daily Trust, that the CBN Collaborative Postgraduate Program (CBN-CPP) is now open for application for admission into postgraduate degree programs in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The CBN-CPP is the CBN initiative and intervention in Nigeria’s educational sector which is aimed at producing a significant increase of well-educated postgraduates in the field of Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Economics to promote Nigeria’s financial service sector.
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) Economics (The required specialization Development Economics, Financial Economics, and Monetary Economics
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) Banking and Finance (The required areas include Financial Innovation, Technology, and Credit; Treasury Management)
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) Accounting (The required areas include Financial Accounting and Reporting; Forensic Accounting and Audit)
Other professional programs include
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Credit and Financial Risk Management
- MBA Taxation
- MBA Finance
- MBA Business Analytics
The Programs will be available at the following Nigerian Universities:
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria
- University of Ibadan (UI) Ibadan
- University of Nigeria Nsuka (UNN)
Eligibility for Application
To be eligible to apply for the CBN-CPP candidates must be from the following categories of people who mostly are working-class citizens:
1. Public – Sector organizations relevant to Nigeria’s financial sector
2. Private organizations and organized bodies sponsored candidates
3. Self-sponsorship and Individual candidates
4. Sponsorships will be available for indigent students
Requirements for Admission
The following are the mandatory requirements that must be met by candidates before they can apply:
1. Candidates must possess at least Second class upper-division (2:1) Bachelors Degree from a recognized University.
2. Completion of the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program
3. Possession of Professional qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACIB, CIIN, AMNIN will have an added advantage.
Mode of Study and Duration
Each program shall run full and for the minimum period of four (4) semesters, i.e two academic sessions. The programs shall consist of teaching/course work, Research/dissertation, oral/written examination and case studies.
The award of degrees after the completion of the program shall be subject to meeting the minimum academic requirements of the participating Universities and the National Universities Commission (NUC).
How to Apply
The method of application for the CBN-CPP is online through the website: https://www.cbncpp.org . Candidates are required to make a non-refundable payment of N20,000 and complete their application at the website.
Application Deadline/Closing Date for CBN-CPP 2019/2020
The closing date for application is 23rd August 2019.
The date for Aptitude Test and Interview is on 28-30th August 2019
Note: Successful candidates will be contacted by email after their names have been published on the https://www.cbncpp.org website and the websites of each of the participating Universities by September 13, 2019.