Once every year, Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria accepts applications for admission from suitably qualified candidates. The application period for this year is open until May 11, 2019. The Nigerian Military School trains Nigerian Boys only and admission into the School is strictly for JSS1 ONLY.
NMS Entry Requirements for Admission
Below are the key entry requirements for admission into the Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria:
- Only male Nigerians are allowed.
- The least required age is 12 years old and should not be more than fourteen years of age by September.
- Completion of Primary School.
- Medical and physical fitness.
- The Candidate must possess good moral character and behavior.
- Completion of the online application form.
- Participate in the Entrance Examination scheduled to hold on the date and at the venue of choice while completing the application form online.
- candidates should be at the Examination Centre with the Exam Photocard ORIGINAL COPY as generated from the portal. Candidates who fail to come with the Exam Photocard would not to sit for the entrance exam.
- Selected candidates for interview will be subjected to comprehensive physical and medical tests.
- Selected candidates for the interview should carry along original copies of Birth Certificate, their Certificate of Origin and Exam Photocard.
Please note that:
Admission into NMS is open to all Nigerian males who fulfill the above entry requirements. It is NOT restricted to only Military Personnel children.
NMS does NOT accept students on transfer from other schools. All candidates must enroll at JSS 1 and then work hard and diligently to finish their education up to the class of SS 3.
The Application Period will not be extended, So You are to Hurry Up!
How to Apply For Admission into NMS
The Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria offers admission once annually. The application period often opens from the middle of the month of February to end of May. NMS trains Nigerian Boys only. Admission of Boys into the School is strictly for JSS1 ONLY. Maximum age limit is 14 years and candidates MUST not be less 12 years old by September of year of admission.
The method of application is online. Interested and qualified candidates must fill the Application Form online by following through these procedures:
- Candidates are required to visit https://www.nms1954.sch.ng/candidates/apply.php
- If you have already created your form for this year, you can log in by clicking the GREEN tab.
- If you want to fill the form for the first time, click the BLUE tab:
- In Step 1, read the instructions carefully, then click the START button.
- In Step 2, fill in the candidate’s personal information and click “Next”.
- In Step 3, fill in candidate’s contact details and click “Next”.
- In Step 4, fill in other details and click “Next”.
- Finally, click “Generate Form” to complete the form creation.
- When your Payment Advice displays, you can either click the “PAY AT BANK” button or the “PAY ONLINE” button depending on your preferred choice (please see instruction on how to pay).
- Please note that application form fees, once paid, are non-refundable.
- You can finally submit your Application Form only after your payment has been confirmed.
- After finally submitting, remember to print out your Application Form, Payment Advice and PhotoCard which you must present at the examination center.
How to Pay For NMS Admission Application Form
Below is the procedure for making payment for the NMS admission application form:
- NMS Application Form Fee is ₦2,300.00 only; inclusive of Bank Transaction Charges.
- Payments for NMS admission application form can be made in two ways, viz:
- By printing your payment slip and taking it to a bank for payment, or
- By paying directly online using your bank-issued debit card (i.e. ATM card).
- If you wish to pay online, simply log in to the Candidate’s Dashboard and click the “My Payment” tab. When the payment advice slip opens, click the “Pay Online” button and complete the transaction.
- If you prefer to pay physically at a Bank, simply log in to the Candidate’s Dashboard and click the “My Payment” tab. When the payment advice slip opens, click the “Pay At Bank” button, then print out the payment slip and take it to any of the designated Banks to make payment.
All payments (both online and Bank branch) are securely processed by Interswitch. For direct online payments, Interswitch accepts Verve, Naira MasterCard, and Visa.
Centers For NMS Entrance Exam
All candidates applying for admission into Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria must sit for an Entrance Exam at designated Centres across the nation. Candidates can select any of the designated Exam Centres when filling their application form online.