The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria accepts applications from students of higher institutions in Nigeria for its Student Industrial Training Programme. The programme affords students of Nigerian Higher Institutions with the opportunity to acquire work experience within the company.
Shell is a renowned and the oldest Oil and Gas company in Nigeria. The company is a petroleum energy conglomerate which has a long term and non-stop commitment to serve the country’s economy and it’s people.
Shell is one of the world’s leader in energy and it plays a significant role in providing the amount of energy needed across the globe in an economically, socially and environmentally responsible manner.
SPDC’s pipelines and flow-lines cover over 6 thousand kilometers and 87 flow stations, over 1,000 producing wells and 8 gas plants.
The company has over 4,500 people in its payroll part of which 95% are Nigerians and about 66% of them are from the Niger Delta area. The network of companies which provide supplies and services makes another 20 thousand of people who are employed by the company.
The company has a mission of operating as the first choice of energy in Nigeria through its dedication to strong economic performance as well as every manner of sustainable development of the country.
Shell concentrates its operations in the Niger Delta and the surrounding shallow offshore places where it works in mining oil.
Details of the Shell Student Industrial Training Programme
SPDC Nigeria’s Student Industrial Training Programme provides work experience opportunity for students studying in Higher Institutions in Nigeria. Industrial training can be obtained at different locations within the company in Nigeria.
Eligible Courses for Shell Student Industrial Training Programme
The courses eligible for the Shell Student Industrial Training Programme are as listed The closing:
- Earth Sciences (this include Geography, Geology, and Geophysics,)
- Medical Sciences
- Social Sciences
From your enrollment, the programme promises to provide hands-on workplace experience, availing the students the opportunity to interact and work directly with experienced and inspiring professionals. At the end of the programme, the skills and insights and gained would be invaluable for the future careers of participants.
Objectives of the Shell Student Industrial Training Programme
The Shell Industrial Training Programme was designed with the objective of helping students with the opportunity of:
- Putting concepts and theories into practice
- Building job-related skills needed for the business atmosphere through supervision and constructive feedback
- Improving their general understanding of the business/industry
- Acquiring additional basic skills in areas such as team building, communication, analytical reasoning and problem-solving
- Building useful career networks and contacts for professional career development
- Gather insights about career options needed to support them in making informed choices in their area of expertise
To be eligible for application, students must:
- Be undergoing full-time University or Polytechnic study
- Be authorized by their school to take part in the industrial training programme
How to Apply
The method of application for the Shell Shell Student Industrial Training Programme is by email. Students are required to have their personal functional email account ready for consistent communication.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria and requirements should send their application by email to email@example.com
The application Email should include the following:
- Name of Student
- High Institution/University of study
- Student ID Number/Admin Number/Matriculation Number
- Course of study
- Duration/period required for the internship
- Students Contact details
- Copy (scanned) of high institution official internship form/letter
- Current student Grade Point Average (GPA)/Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
Please note that
opportunities for industrial training are based on business needs only and yearly, the available slots are limited.
Application Deadline/Closing Date
The closing date for application is not specified. However, Applications are required to be submitted not later than 3 months before the commencement of your internship.